Sunny Panama City Beach is a great place to go if you’re looking for sugar sand beaches and emerald green waters with hundreds of beach access points and plenty of public beaches and parks to go to. But what do you do on rainy days or after the sun goes down?
You might return to your hotel after a day at the beach or wake in the morning to thundershowers but have no fear, there is plenty to do in PCB that isn’t outdoors. Let’s explore the 5 Top Indoor Activities in Panama City Beach, Florida.
#1 Pier Park Indoor Attractions: Perfect for Indoor Activities and Rainy Day Things in Panama City Beach, Florida
Pier Park Indoor Attractions are enough to keep the whole family entertained while in Panama City Beach, Florida whether you’re coming in from the rain or you just don’t want your day to end, Pier Park has something for you.
- The Grand Theater – the latest blockbuster flick ought to be the perfect way to burn a couple of hours on a rainy day. And you can bring your sweetheart after dinner at Uncle Ernie’s. Kick back and take in the wall-to-wall screens, digital sound, 3D capabilities, and DBOX MFX motion seats. While you’re watching the movie, be sure to enjoy some snacks and popcorn with endless refills of your favorite drink.
- SkyWheel Panama City Beach – After your movie when the sun has gone down, you’re gonna love seeing the area from a height of 187′! From up there, you’ll get a veritable bird’s eye view and will be able to witness all that the beach town has to offer.
- Dave and Busters – Everyone knows this place. Here you’ll enjoy drinks, dinner, laser tag, and a huge assortment of arcade games to choose from – enough to keep the whole family entertained for hours.
#2 Man in the Sea Museum: Learn Something New on A Rainy Panama City Beach Day
The Man in the Sea Museum is the perfect indoor activity if you want to learn something new in Panama City Beach. It’s owned by the Institute of Diving and illustrates underwater technology’s progress from the earliest days of diving when divers enjoyed diving under the weight of 32 Lb. solid copper dining helmets to the modern underwater habitats of today.
The modern-day museum spans 5,000 sq. ft. and sits on an acre of land off of Panama City Beach Parkway (Highway 98). The entire family can climb through SEALAB I, which was built in 1964 to a depth of 192 feet.
SEALAB I proved that saturation diving in the open ocean was viable for extended periods. It also revealed information about habitat placement, habitat umbilicals, humidity, and helium speech descrambling.
After that experience, you can also check out the museum’s displays of early diving equipment and watch videos that demonstrate how they were used.
#3 Rock’it Lanes Bowling: Top Indoor Activity in Panama City Beach
Rock’it Lanes Bowling is about so much more than bowling in Panama City Beach. Rock’it Lanes can entertain the entire family while you enjoy their bar&grill.
Your family will have a blast at the mega arcade, or the roller-skating rink, while you shoot a game of billiards with your special someone. Or you can just watch a game in the sports bar.
#4 Wonderworks and Ripley’s Museum: Top Indoor ‘Edu-tainment’ in Panama City Beach
Wonderworks is the top indoor activity for education and entertainment in Panama City Beach, Florida.
With an iconic design style that’s always inverted and makes it look like it was built upright and then flipped on its top, Wonderworks is “An Amusement Park for the Mind.” It boasts 29,000 sq. ft. of educational entertainment, and we can see why! The facility features over 100 hands-on exhibits sure to challenge everyone’s mind.
You’ll enjoy several exciting experiences including maneuvering a NASA spacecraft. You’ll face hurricane-force winds, lie on a bed of 3,500 nails (ouch!), and pilot a jet. Also, there’s a 360-degree roller coaster as well as laser tag!
And, across the street, is another exciting indoor adventure, Ripley’s Believe it Or Not Museum. You’ll marvel at a myriad of rare and unusual artifacts and get hands-on with unbelievable interactives. Or you can see if you have what it takes to navigate Ripley’s mind-bending mirror maze.
Hold on tight for Ripley’s Moving Theater experience. Here you move along with every twist and turn in Ripley’s seven-dimension motion simulator!
#5 Indoor Go-Karts: Exhilarating Indoor Activity in Panama City Beach
If action is more your speed, indoor go-karts will quench your thirst for fun in Panama City Beach. Here are the three go-kart attractions in PCB.
- Hidden Lagoon Super Race Track and Golf and Super Racetrack is located right off of 30 in beautiful Panama City Beach, Florida, and will surely satisfy your need for speed. The family-owned facility has been a go-to for visitors as well as locals for 20 years and they’re still going strong. Today, their website says, they’re the “number one miniature golf and racetrack” in Panama City Beach. Oh yeah, and did we mention – there’s miniature golf?
- Kartona Electric Speedway is located near where highways 30 and 98 intersect. Their website boasts high-performance, all-electric, eco-friendly race karts manufactured in Italy. Adult go-karts are capable of top speeds of 45 mph and junior karts have top speeds of 25 mph.
- Race City is an amusement park located off Front Beach Road. The park boasts go-karts and thrill rides. But there are also fairground rides, putt-in glow blacklight mini-golf, a “skycoaster” ride, a 10,000 ft. mega-arcade, and bumper cars.
#6 Just Jump Trampoline Park for Athletic Indoor Fun in Panama City Beach
For great trampoline fun in Panama City Beach, Florida, Just Jump is all you need. Situated off Richard Jackson Blvd., this 30,000-square-foot facility is packed full of fun for the whole family. There’s a large open jump area and tumble track, TWO Soc-Air courts, dodgeball, basketball, a double trapeze, and Gladiator Pit.
Their website boasts a Kiddie Area that is perfect for jumpers who are 6 and under. And it has a huge play structure, separate trampolines, a foam pit, a climbing wall, and a basketball goal.
#7 Escape Rooms in Pier Park for Eclectic Indoor Activity in Panama City Beach
Escape rooms are the newest thing in indoor entertainment. You and your family must put your heads together in order to escape a room that’s been specifically designed to keep you in it. Here we’ll list two fun and exciting escape rooms in the Panama City Beach area.
- Escape The Room PCB is located on Front Beach Road and boasts themed rooms where you must solve puzzles, and decipher codes while looking for clues to help your team “escape.”
- Royal Escape Rooms is located at Shopped at Edgewater on Richard Jackson Blvd in Panama City Beach. In this highly-rated Saw-themed escape room experience, you’re trapped in a room by a sadistic serial killer nicknamed “Dr. Trauma.” In this room, you must solve his perverse puzzle in order to live. You’ve got only 60 minutes.
Whatever your pleasure, Panama City Beach has plenty of indoor activities to keep you and your family entertained. Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.