to DisneyPlanning a trip to Disney World Orlando can be quite a daunting task if you’ve never done it before. You don’t want to forget anything. But, at the same time, you don’t want to pack too much.
Given the expense of a Disney World trip – from booking a hotel to planning for dining and theme park reservations – there’s a lot to account for in between. So, let’s discuss What to Pack for a Trip to Disney World Orlando.
Fanny Packs Come in Handy at Disney World Orlando
You should never plan a day at Disney World Orlando without including a fanny pack. You’ll want to include things like sunglasses, a wallet, a phone, a portable charge, lip balm, sunscreen, and an umbrella.
You may want to shop at different places depending on who you’re getting a fanny pack for. For men and boys look and brands such as Cotopaxi Bataan 3L Del Día, Tinyat Travel Fanny Pack, or Patagonia Black Hole Mini. For cute women’s and girl’s fanny packs try Stony Clover or Dagne Dover Ace.
Bring Backpacks to Disney World
If you’re traveling to Disney World with the family, sometimes a fanny pack won’t provide enough space. Since everyone will likely bring their own backpack on the plan, you can consolidate everything and just bring one backpack to the park.
Youngsters will dig the Nike Kids Elemental Graphic Backpack or a Stoney Clover Lane Classic Backpack and carry iPads and toys. You’ll want something like a Coach Outlet Backpack, especially if you’re bringing your laptop.
Waterproof Footwear at Disney World Orlando
You already know, you’re going to be doing a lot of walking at Disney World. But those comfortable walking shoes may not be so copacetic after you get hit with a summer storm.
So, be sure to bring some waterproof footwear. The best thing about this is that you’ll need to pack fewer socks which will take up precious space. Try on a pair of Birkenstock Arizona Essentials or maybe bring your Crocs along.
Be Sure and Bring Rain Gear
Again, rain is almost always a certainty at Disney World Orlando. But a little rain doesn’t have to spoil the whole vacay! Be prepared with a few compact rain gear suggestions.
- Compact Umbrella –The accessories are a must for a Disney World trip. And you can easily stick them in your backpack or simply attach them.
- Light Weight Rain Gear – This is a must if you don’t want to walk about soaking after a rain storm. Lululemon is a good choice if it’s for a female and for boys and men, look to Vuori.
Other Important Items
This is merely a short list but other items that you’ll definitely need to have on your Disney World trip are as follows:
- Sun-protective Clothing – This is critical year-round in Florida as sunscreen often washes off. Bring a sun-protective T-shirt.
- Sunglasses – Goodr sunglasses are prudent when spending all day in the sun. These will protect the eyes from glare and UV rays.
- Tech Gear – This is crucial for protecting your electronics and keeping them up and working while you’re traveling. They include a fuel rod, a waterproof pouch for your phone, and protective cases for your iPad.
Stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations. If you are going to Universal, we have a great guide for packing HERE.
Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.