Florida is home to some long highways bordered by long stretches of beach, making it a great state in which to take a road trip or vacation. However, knowing what to pack for a Sunshine State vacation is crucial for a smooth vacay. Let’s discuss what you should pack for a vacation to Florida.
What Clothes to Pack for Vacation in Florida
On a Florida Vacation, there are plenty of beaches but there is also a wide variety of nightlife. So, you’ll definitely want to pack a sharp outfit for those hot nights in Orlando, Miami, or Panama City Beach.
A travel towel is also a must for Florida as you’ll use it often. However, if you’re planning on engaging in some water sports, you’ll want to be sure and bring swimwear and water shoes. Flip flops and coverups are also wise additions to your vacay gear as you won’t be spending all of your days in the water.
A hat and sunglasses are certainly apropos for a trip to the Sunshine State. When not in the water, shorts and tank tops will come in handy. And, in winter, you’ll want a couple of long-sleeved shirts for cool nights. And don’t forget a poncho for when it rains.
What to Pack for Vacation to Florida Checklist
It’s definitely hard to remember everything when you go on vacation, and you’ll inevitably miss something. You’ll bring most of what you need but don’t forget to bring emergency cash for the things you miss.
Below is a short list of Florida vacation essentials so you’ll at least remember the really important things:
- Emergency Roadside Kit – jumper cables, pressure gauges, etc. in an emergency roadside kit, are essential for safety on long road trips.
- First Aid Kit – No matter where you’re going or what you’re doing, a first aid kit is an essential item. It should include band-aids, bandages, antiseptic wipes, and antibiotic creams for minor emergencies.
- Day Pack – A day pack is another essential for a Florida Vacation, especially if you’re spending time in the water. The bag will keep your wallets, phones, keys, water bottles, and sunscreen dry.
- Reusable Water Bottle and Ice Chest – Hydration is crucial and if you’ve got your own bottle, you’ll save a ton of money.
- Maps and SunPass – SunPasses are crucial as Florida has a lot of toll roads and you won’t want to be caught getting tickets. Road Trip Maps are always important, especially if you want to avoid toll roads.
This is hardly a definitive list but, if you remember these things, your vacation to Florida will go smoothly. Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida.
Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.