Being a suburb of Panama City Beach, many exciting opportunities exist near Grand Lagoon. Read on and we’ll unpack things to do in The Grand Lagoon region of the Florida Panhandle.
First and Foremost, Grand Lagoon is perfectly located for aquatic fun. Here we list a few locations offering fun in the water:
- Aquatic Adventures – If you want to be the captain of your own vacation, you can charter a boat at Aquatic Adventures. Located in Upper Grand Lagoon, across the bay from Panama City, they offer several different tour options.
- Sea Screamer – If you’re looking for more action, Sea Screamer is providing it. Located on Thomas Dr. in Panama City Beach this spacious twin-turbo powered 73 foot boasts a smooth but fast boating experience.
- Panama City Diving – You may want to explore beneath the waves of the Florida Gulf Coast. If so, Panama City Diving is what you need. With daily charters to some beautiful underwater areas teaming with aquatic life, you’ll have plenty to keep you occupied.
Amusement Parks Near Grand Lagoon
Grand Lagoon is situated near both Panama City and Panama City Beach. So, there is a long list of amusement park fun from which to choose. Here are a few to start:
- Coconut Creek Family Fun Park – Located on Front Beach Road in Panama City Beach this park is truly grand. Sprawled over several acres, this park features a gorgeous and spacious miniature golf course as well as a sizeable maze to keep the fam occupied.
- Indy Speedway and Slingshot – On Thomas Drive in Panama City Beach this exciting park offers a go-kart track as well as a thrilling ride called the Slingshot. The name speaks volumes.
- Wonderworks – Wonderworks is like an amusement park but for the mind. They boast 29,000 acres of “edu-tainment” to excite as well as educate. It’s located off Front Beach Rd. in Panama City Beach. And the park has over a hundred hands-on science exhibits, laser tag, a ropes course and a 6D motion ride.
Live Music and Drinks
Grand Lagoon is perfectly located amid a myriad of live music venues and bars. Here are a few:
- Ms Newby’s – Top on the list should be Ms Newby’s, known for their Hunch Punch. Located on Thomas Dr. in Panama City Beach, they have live bands every Friday and Saturday night.
- Schooners – Schooners is the perfect venue for great food and live music. Located on Gulf Drive in Panama City, this diver bar will have you enjoying a great meal while checking out a gorgeous sunset with a drink in your hand.
Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.