Christmas is a special holiday in America, but with the addition of minions, wizards, toys, roller coasters, and more at Universal Orlando Resort in Florida how can anyone resist? During Universal’s holiday season, Grinchmas and Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter spread holiday cheer throughout the park.
Though much of the entertainment is recurring from year to year, there are always new details popping up that give the experience a fresh feeling. What is good about Universal Orlando is that the Christmas Events are included with regular Universal Orlando admission. Now, let’s reveal a Christmas Guide for Universal Orlando Resort (2023).
Universal Orlando Resort (2023) Holiday Summary
With a wonderful year-round climate, delicious food, and nonstop fun and entertainment the holiday season is a veritable blast at Universal Orlando Resort. No matter where you go, you’ll find jolly festivities.
Even Universal CityWalk has started getting involved in the holiday fun. What that means is that you can participate in the holiday festivities without buying a park ticket.
A Wizarding World of Harry Potter 2023 Christmas
Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter during the Christmas holidays feels like sitting through your favorite Harry Potter installment while drinking hot chocolate with the family on a cold winter night. Universal Orlando spares nothing to make everything just right.
Both Hogsmeade in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Florida feature festive Christmas décor. Everywhere you look you’ll see garland and lights along the buildings and streets of the Wizarding World.
There is a projection show “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” that lasts eight minutes and plays intermittently at Hogwarts Castle. It repeats from dusk until the park closes each night.
Grinchmas at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Throughout the holiday season, Seuss Landing in Islands of Adventure is decorated for Grinchmas with the festive holiday cheer found in Dr. Seuss’s Who-ville. You’ll get to see the resident Whos and even meet up with the Grinch and take photos.
Enjoy a hilarious live retelling of the classic tale starring the Grinch. Or sit down for The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast!! This takes place at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous where you get to meet the Grinch and his Who-ville friends who visit your table.
Other Exciting Holiday Events at Universal Orlando Resort
- Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s – Double-check with the Universal app for the start time, but it usually starts at 5:30 PM. The parade begins near the Universal Horror Make-Up show.
- Mannheim Steamroller Concerts – these festive Christmas concerts usually go down at 7 PM on certain Saturdays and Sundays at the Music Plaza Stage. Arrive early if you want to have a place to sit.
- Holiday Tribute Store – Here you can get popcorn buckets, backpacks, ornaments, spirit jerseys, and more, along with some sweet treats.
- Earl the Squirrel Meet and Greet – Earl comes out of the big Christmas tree to meet guests near the Hello Kitty store about once an hour from 10 AM to 4 PM. Check your Universal app to verify the times as they may change.
- Holiday Tree Hunt- Buy a Holiday Tree Hunt brochure and pencil for $12. Then take part in the scavenger hunt for decorated trees across Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and CityWalk.
Don’t Forget Your Butterbeer!
As always, you can miss out on a mug of six different versions of delicious butterbeer. And there is no better time to do it than during the festive holiday season. You can find it in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Once there, look in The Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, Hog’s Head Pub, and the Hopping Pot.
Stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.