Being just a short drive from the beach, there are a number of exciting things to do in Navarre, Florida. Much of the fun will be had on the beach as with most of Florida. However, you’d miss a good deal if you look no further. Read on and we’ll unpack some Things to Do in Navarre, Florida.
Attractions in Navarre, Florida can include learning some naval aviation history at the National Museum of Naval Aviation or checking out some of over 900 species of animals at the Gulf Breeze Zoo. Below are a few:
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park – This is the world’s oldest marine show aquarium. Located in Okaloosa Island, Florida, this park boasts sea lion and dolphin shows. There are also shark, sting ray, Loggerhead turtle, otter, tropical penguin, and tropical bird exhibits – to name a few.
- Blue Angels – The National Museum of Naval Aviation hosts the famed Navy Blue Angels Flight Demonstration. Admissions are free and include autograph sessions.
- The Air Force Armament Museum – Here you can learn about and examine aviation warfare armament from the early days of WWI through to current high-tech planes and weaponry. Located at Eglin AFB, the museum boasts an extensive collection of weaponry and interactive displays.
#2 Canoeing, Kayaking & Ziplining
If you’re looking for some freshwater fun check out these next locations.
- Adventures Unlimited – If you want outdoor adventure, check out Adventures Unlimited. Located on Tomahawk Landing Rd, in Milton, Florida they offer canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and zip lining along Coldwater Creek past secluded, sugar sandbars, through Blackwater River State Forest of Northwest Florida.
- Navarre Beach Kayaks – Located on Quail Roost Dr in Navarre, Florida Navarre Beach Kayaks offers Eco-Tour options, equipment rentals, and more.
Navarre Beach boasts some beautiful golf courses. Here we live a few.
- Tiger Point Golf and Country Club – Tiger Point boasts a Par 72, 7,041-yard, Scottish Style East Course. Additionally, they offer a Par 36, 3414-yard, 9-Hole West Course. Located on Country Club Rd, Gulf Breeze, Florida, the club features awe-inspiring water views for your golfing experience.
- Stonebrook Golf Club – Stonebrook, with an 18-hole course, 72 Par course features elevation changes, uncommon for the area, elevated tees and greens, and picturesque fairways and water features. Located on Cobblestone Drive in Pace, Florida, the course is widely considered to be the premier golf facility in the area.
- Marcus Pointe Golf Club – Located on Oak Pointe Dr in Pensacola, Florida amidst rolling woodlands, sits Marcus Pointe Golf Club. The club boasts 18 holes of championship golf, extensive practice areas, and a full-service restaurant, the MP Grille.
Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.