Looking for cooling stations in Walt Disney World, Orlando? Florida is a beautiful place with a sunny climate and white sandy beaches. But in the heat of the summer, it can also be dangerous.
It’s good to get an idea of how and when you’ll be able to get cool while you’re visiting Disney World. During July and August, it never cools down – not even at night. Worry not though. We’ll unpack Disney World Cooling Stations – How to Beat the Orlando Heat.
Misting Stations at Disney World Orlando
Firstly, it’s important to note that every Disney World Park bathroom is airconditioned, so we won’t list all of those – there are many (over a 100). In addition to air-conditioned spaces, which we will discuss momentarily, Disney World has a number of outdoor cooling stations.
There are misting stations at the Coca-Cola stand in Tomorrowland as well as at the giant totem statues “totem poles” by Aladin’s Magic Carpets, Donald’s Boat, Ariel’s grotto, in Tomorrowland. Both of these are in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios has a misting umbrella as well as a fire hydrant. To make it simple, we’ve made a detailed list:
- Magic Kingdom- in Tomorrowland near Space Mountain is a Cool Scanner, and there are Tikis near Magic Carpets of Aladdin in Adventureland.
- Epcot – Cool Wash near the Test Track ride in Future World.
- Disney Hollywood Studios – Coca Cola Bottle near the Backlot Studio Tour, Singing in the Rain umbrella on the Streets of America, and a fire hydrant on Streets of America.
- Animal Kingdom– Misting fans are found everywhere here. Look for the raised fans along pathways and near attractions.
Where Else Can You Get Cool at Walt Disney World?
There are many rides in each of the Walt Disney World parks that are air-conditioned though you will likely stand in the queue outside. There are also other ways to get cooled off like water play areas such as Casey’s Splash Zone in the Storybook Circus area of Magic Kingdom.
Attractions like Kali River Rapids will surely get you soaked. I would get soaked and the head to air-conditioning for something to eat. Also notable, all the quick service restaurants offer free cups of ice for staying cool and hydrated.
Tips and Tricks for Staying Cool at Disney World Orlando
- Bring a battery powered fan
- Misting fans are usually available for $15-20 in the Disney World parks.
- Use a cooling towel. They cost about $17 within Disney but are available elsewhere for less
- Choose the indoor attractions when it’s hottest.
- As we covered above, make use of the wet attractions such as Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and Kali River Rapids.
- Use the air conditioned restaurants to take frequent breaks.
- Bring UV protective sunglasses and light quick drying clothing.
- Always use sunblock – It should be at least SPF 30.
- Use misting centers such as Adventureland Liki Tikis and Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station at Magic Kingdom; Epcot Splash Pads and Test Track misting area; Tamu Tamu misting at Animal Kingdom.
- Consider adding Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach (depending on the season) water park to your itinerary.
- Hydrate often.
- Consider cold snacks like Mickey Ice Cream bars or Dole Whips.
Stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.