Curious about disability access at Universal Orlando Attractions? Everyone loves amusement parks and should be able to enjoy them. Universal Orlando knows that and goes out of the way to accommodate the disabled.
In this article, we’re going to give you a definitive list of attractions at Universal Orlando that accommodate the mobility impaired. So, let’s unpack A Guide to Wheelchair Accessible Attractions at Universal Orlando.
The following rides have stairs involved in the queue, but elevators are available for guests with mobility issues. So, Ask a team member to help you find the closest one. Entrances will be marked with “handicapped/disabled” signs – use these if you can’t climb or descend stairs.
Attractions that load guests from both sides may indicate that the queues will have stairs that may go over the ride track, so make use of the elevator.
And this will automatically send you to the side of the track that doesn’t need to use steps. So, inform the team member that you will need to return from the same side of the track.
So, always make sure the team member knows you’ll need your wheelchair/stroller on the platform when you leave the ride vehicle.
Universal Studios Florida
- The water slide at Fievel’s Playland (elevator at the bottom of the slide – ask for aid.)
- The Simpsons Ride (wheelchairs/ECVs/strollers – or other mobility issues – will be sent to a ramp for entry and exit.)
- Men in Black Alien Attack (there is an elevator for mobility issues) – This ride allows ECVs in the Express Pass queue. Courtesy wheelchairs are available, as well as a device for riders who must remain in a wheelchair.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – the queue has stairs after you exit Gringotts Bank’s “lift.” However, an attendant directs wheelchair riders to an elevator.
- The Hogwarts Express – King’s Cross Station – requires a park-to-park ticket. A team member can show you to an elevator. ECVs are transported via ADA compartments on the train. Riders must transfer to a seat or courtesy wheelchair.
- Revenge of the Mummy – in the darkened part of the queue, look for a gate with the universal disabled sign – there a team member directs you to the elevator. You will exit via a ramp into the gift shop.
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon – wheelchairs go through waiting rooms to the ride platform. ECVs must park outside, to the right of the entrance. Riders will transfer to a manual wheelchair. There is also an elevator to the second-floor waiting room.
Islands of Adventure
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride – team members direct guests to an elevator to the loading platform. The exit is via a ramp.
- The Hogwarts Express – Hogsmeade Station – have park-to-park tickets ready to be scanned. Ask to be shown to the elevator. ECVs are transported via ADA compartments on the train. Riders must transfer to a seat or courtesy wheelchair.
- Me Ship, The Olive – This is a play area for children that has an elevator. If you are using a wheelchair or ECV ask team members for assistance to board the elevator.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – wheelchair-accessible via several ramps. The main loading platform features a quick-moving walkway, or you can use the secondary platform.
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center – an elevator is provided.
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall – ask team members for assistance.
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls – ask team members for accessibility assistance.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster – ECV riders may use a courtesy wheelchair, and elevator access is available with an attendant.
Are you vegan? Be sure to check with us for A Vegan Guide to Universal Studios, Orlando, and 9 Vegan Options at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park, as well as 7 Vegan Options at Disney’s EPCOT. Stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida.
Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.