One of the country’s most popular destinations is Florida’s 30A highway. Lined with beautiful white sandy beaches and famous emerald, green waters, this scenic corridor features some of the freshest seafood and most sought-after Southern fare to eat. Travel with us down this stretch of highway while we take a Top-Rated Foodie Tour of Florida’s 30A.
Best Breakfast Along Florida’s 30A
- The Perfect Pig (Santa Rosa Beach) is located on E County Highway in Santa Rosa Beach and serves breakfast and lunch with a focus, naturally, on ham and bacon. The Perfect Pig is open from 8 AM to 9 PM daily.
- Great Southern Café (Santa Rosa) – marries international and southern cooking using locally grown produce and fresh seafood from the Gulf of Mexico. They offer a late breakfast and early lunch as well as dinner. They’re open from 8 AM–9:30 PM daily.
- Crackings (Destin) – Located in Destin, Crackings is a family-owned restaurant that serves up a delicious homestyle breakfast. They’re open from 7 AM till 2 PM Tuesday – Sunday and are closed on Monday.
- Black Bear Bread Co. (Santa Rosa Beach) is a great French bakery and breakfast spot featuring craft coffee, house-baked bread, pastries, sandwiches, and breakfast throughout the day. Hours: 7 AM – 2 PM daily.
Best Lunch on the 30A
- Seagrove Village Café (Seagrove) – A great place for lunch, this iconic joint has been serving up burgers, fish baskets, and po’ boys since 1949. Hours: 10:30 AM–8:30 PM daily.
- Café Tango (Santa Rosa) – Café Tango famously serves up tasty soups, salads, dips and platters from their full dinner menu the night before and customers simply warm them up for lunch. Hours: 6-6:30 PM, 8–8:30 PM Tuesday – Saturday. Closed: Sunday & Monday.
- 98 BBQ (Santa Rosa) – A family-owned restaurant known for its gumbo, 98 BBQ also offers generous BBQ meals and cobblers. Hours: 11 AM–8 PM Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Meltdown on 30A (Santa Rosa) – If you’re looking for some grilled cheese for lunch, here’s your stop. Locals reportedly stand in lines for their gourmet grilled-cheese sandwiches, soup, and beer served from a food-truck arrangement. Hours are from 11 AM–7 PM Monday – Friday. Saturday 8 AM – 9 PM and Sunday 8 AM – 7 PM.
Top Dinner on the 30A
- Bud & Alley’s (Santa Rosa) is a laid-back eatery on the beach named for a cat and dog. They offer an eclectic menu for every meal of the day, but their dinner menu is chock full of fresh seafood, as well as steak and pork dishes. Hours 8 AM – 8 PM daily.
- George’s (Alys Beach) is a quaint cottage diner boasting upscale American fare using locally sourced, organic produce and the freshest seafood available. Hours: 11 AM–3 PM, 5–9 PM Daily.
- Borago (Greyton Beach) is an Italian eatery located near several shops and restaurants near Greyton Beach. The dining room is dimly lit and romantic and the dinners feature authentic Italian pasta dishes served with house-made focaccia bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They’re open from 5 PM – 9 PM daily.
Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida.
Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.