May 4th is a special day for a lot of people in Panama City, Florida, and you may or may not know why. The fact is that people gather throughout the country on this day to pay tribute to a favorite movie franchise – Star Wars.
So, let’s investigate just what this day is and what makes it so special for people in Panama City. Let’s unpack Panama City Star Wars Day – May the 4th Festivities.
What Exactly is May the 4th All About?
May 4, or specifically, “May the 4th Be with You” is a day that celebrates all things Star Wars. As Star Wars fans, we always celebrate Star Wars. But, “May the 4th Be with You” on May 4th has been singled out as a day to really focus on this beloved franchise.
Fans of Star Wars know that “may the force be with you” is a phrase made famous by Jedi Masters. The memorable phrase was initially borrowed from the movie, in 1978. It is a way greet others on the 4th of July, according to Lucasfilm.
Panama City Florida Star Wars Day Activities
Many cities in the US, and likely around the world, now celebrate this special day. But Panama City holds a special place for the movie franchise. And many activities can be engaged in on May 4th. Below we’ll give you the goods on some of the fun.
At the following locations, there will be a family-friendly Storm Trooper Meet and Greet. There will also be a Star Wars character scavenger hunt, a charity raffle with cool Star Wars prizes, and more.
- Star Wars Day – Thu, May 4, 5 – 8 PM at the Panama City Center for the Arts located on 19 E 4th St.
- Star Wars Days – Thu, May 4, 10 PM – Fri, May 5, 1 AM in Historic Downtown Panama City on E 4th St.
- May the Fourth Be With You – Thu, May 4, 3:30 – 4:30 PM at the Charles Whitehead Public Library in Wewahitchka, Florida.
- Jedi Princess Turns One – Sat, 12 PM Callaway Community Center at 530 Beulah Ave, Callaway, Florida
- Symphony in the City 2022-2023 – Thu, May 4, 12:15 – 12:45 PM at Panama City Hall at 501 Harrison Ave.
May the 4th Be with You
There is Jedi training set up for youngsters in the parking lot of the Community Center. Panama City shops stay open late on May 4 to participate in the Star Wars character scavenger hunt.
There will be music and other festivities and plenty of people dressed in their Star Warts gear for the occasion. And, of course, you can count on plenty of available grub at one of the many delicious food trucks.
Be sure and stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations in Florida.
Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.