Planning a trip to Busch Gardens Tampa and need to know any height requirements that could mess with your plans? It’s perfectly understandable. When you bring a group of people on a trip, you want everyone to enjoy themselves.
Unfortunately, theme parks often have rides that some guests just can’t go on. On the other hand, there are plenty of shows and rides that are okay for just about anyone to ride. And though they may change periodically, we’ve got you covered. Here are Busch Gardens Tampa Height Requirements for 2023.
How Strict Are Busch Gardens Tampa’s Height Requirements?
Busch Gardens Tampa, much like most theme parks that we know of, is pretty rigid when it comes to the height requirements of rides. It’s a safety issue which ends up being a liability issue.
As Busch Gardens Tampa puts it, “Some Rides restrictions are posted at each ride, and all guests including those using wheelchairs must meet the requirements. Please see a Park Ambassador at the ride if you have any questions.”
What Are the Best Rides at Tampa’s Busch Gardens?
Be for you make your trip, planning is paramount as you could waste an entire day waiting in lines for rides that aren’t as fun as you’d like. So, it’s not a bad idea to find out beforehand which rides are primo. Here they are based on our reviews, consistency, and excitement level:
- Iron Gwazi – Reaches speeds of up to 76 miles per hour with a devastating 200+ ft first drop at 91 degrees. Duration: 1 minute 50 seconds.
- Falcon’s Fury – Goes directly up and then freefalls with riders facing down – at up to 60 mph – from 335 ft! Duration: 2 minutes.
- Kumba – Kumba first takes a 135 ft drop, that segways into a diving loop – spiraling at 360 degrees.
Morocco Section Height Restrictions
- Iron Gwazi: No more than 48 inches
- Gwazi Gliders: At least 56″ Infants are not permitted.
In the Nairobi section, you’ll experience animal exhibits and have close encounters with gorillas, chimpanzees, and more! There are no rides here but there are plenty of exciting experiences to be had.
Edge of Africa Section Busch Gardens Tampa
Though these two rides are not technically in a names area of the park, they are nearest on the map to the Edge of Africa.
- Cheetah Hunt: No more than 48 inches
- Skyride: 56 inches minimum – or accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Cobra’s Curse: 42 inches minimum
- Montu: 54 inches minimum
- Falcon’s Fury: At least 54 inches
- Scorpion: 48 inches minimum (Guests between 48” and 54” must be accompanied by a supervising companion 14 years of age or older who is at least 54” tall)
- SandSerpent: 46 inches minimum (closing July 9th)
- Grand Caravan Carousel: No Limit (Riders under 42” must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years of age or older and are allowed only on the middle rows. Infants must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years of age or older and must ride on a bench seat.)
- Desert Runners: 48 inches minimum (Infants are not permitted)
- Kiddie Train: No more than 56 inches (Infants not permitted)
- Bush Flyers: No Taller than 56 inches (Infants not permitted)
- Kumba: At least 54 inches
- Congo River Rapids: At least 42 inches
- Ubanga-Banga Bumper Cars: At least 42 inches. Riders less than 52” must be accompanied by a supervising companion
- Tigris: At least 54 inches
- SheiKra: At least 54 inches
- Serengeti Express: No Limit
- Stanley Falls Flume: 46 inches minimum
- Skyride: At least 56 inches or accompanied by a supervising companion
Sesame Street Safari of Fun Section
- Zoe-Patra and the Hippos of Nile: Minimum 36 inches and no more than 56 inches
- AirGrover: 38 inches minimum
- Rosita’s Djembe Fly-Away: Less than 42 inches to ride (Infants not permitted)
- Bert & Ernie’s Watering Hole: All ages permitted
- Storytime at Sesame Street Safari of Fun
- Character Meet-and-Greets
- Elmo’s Treehouse Trek: All ages permitted (Infants must be accompanied by a companion 14 years or older)
- The Count’s Zambezi Rally: Less than 42 inches to ride (Infants not permitted)
- Elmo’s Safari Go-Round: All ages permitted (Infants must be accompanied by a companion 14 years or older)
- Big Bird’s Whirly Birdie: Less than 56 inches (Infants not permitted)
- Snuffy’s Elephant Romp: Under 56″ to ride unaccompanied (Under 36″ must be accompanied by a supervising companion 14 years or older)
- Telly’s Jungle Jam: All ages permitted
- The Cookie Monster Canopy Crawl: Infants not permitted. Adults must be accompanied by a child
- Cookie Monster Cloud Bounce: Under 56″ to play (Infants not permitted)
Stay up to speed on all the hot spots and sweet destinations. Return to Travel Hop regularly for all the latest travel news and updates.