A town in western Florida’s Okaloosa County along the Panhandle’s Emerald Coast Niceville, Florida offers many exciting things to do. And, with 13,000 residents, this beach town is one of the largest population centers in the mostly rural Florida Panhandle.
Fishing and watersports are a natural go-to on a vacation to Niceville. But there are plenty of things to do and see in this town! The nearest airport is Valparaiso (VPS), 3.2 miles from Niceville by car.
However, Omnibus Express has buses going from Mobile to Crestview once daily. But, that journey takes about two hours. Continue reading and we’ll show you 3 Exciting Things to do near Niceville, Florida.
#1 Beaches and Parks in Niceville, Florida
Niceville, Florida has a plethora of parks and beaches near it. Below are just a few Exciting Beaches and Parks.
- Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, Florida is just a 20-minute drive from Niceville. Here is a sugar-white shoreline, emerald waters, and boardwalks leading to beach access. It is no wonder Dustin is known as “the luckiest fishing village in the world.”
- Grayton Beach is another local favorite for beach fun. And it’s located just a short 30-minute drive from Niceville in the small town of Santa Rosa Beach. Great shopping and cocktails and live music surround Grayton Beach.
- Located right in town, Niceville Skate Park is the perfect place for teenage kids to unwind, and in the meantime, their parents relax. Located a mile from the town, the park is open from Thursday to Sunday. And Niceville Skate Park is chock full of ramps, drops, and other exhilarating and challenging obstacles.
As if beaches and parks were not entertaining enough, Niceville, Florida has more nearby. Indeed, Niceville Recreation has some fulfilling places for your kids to burn energy. But there are all sorts of exciting amusement parks and game rooms within a few miles’ drive.
- Just 20 miles from Niceville in Destin, Florida you’ll find Amusement USA on the Destin Harbor Boardwalk. And this place is rockin’ with Bungee Trampolines, Aqua Spheres, and Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras parades. Also, HarborWalk Village has live music!
- Visit The Track Family Fun Park in Destin and you’ll be treated to Go-Kart racing, family rides, thrill zones, arcades, and more!
- A short 30-minute drive from Niceville, at Miramar Beach, Thrills Laser Tag, and Arcade is a fun place for teenagers as well as the young at heart.
#3 Great Niceville Restaurants
With such an ideal location near beaches and parks, it should be “nice” to know that Niceville also has a smorgasbord of great restaurants and seafood joints. With so many to list and so little time – let’s just lay down three of the best places to eat in Niceville.
- Located slightly inland off of Partin Drive, Pounders Hawaiian Grill features an array of Hawaiian dishes with either seafood, chicken, or steak served with an assortment of rices, macaronis, and green leafy veggies.
- For a more sophisticated palate, make a reservation at Trade Winds Italian Restaurant in Niceville off of Government Avenue. They’re serving up Italian cuisine that will leave you wanting more. From Sausage Pomodoro to thick and meaty crab cakes you’ll be hard-pressed to leave here hungry.
- Last, but certainly not least, you’ll want to check out Landshark’s Pizza, located just off E John Sims Parkway, for some traditional pizza, wings, beer, and fun!
Return to Travel Hop often for the latest travel news and updates.